Monday, April 11, 2011

QUOTE OF THE DAY: WEEK #11 Semester #2

DATE: MONDAY WEEK 11 SEMESTER #2
AUTHOR: Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach
QUOTE FROM THE BOARD:
A musician cannot move others unless he too is moved. He must of necessity feel all of the affects that he hopes to arouse in his audience, for the revealing of his own humor will stimulate a like humor in the listener.”
MEANING OF THE QUOTE:
“If the composer does not feel the music inside himself first he can not convey those feelings to the audience through his music.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE: TUESDAY WEEK 11 SEMESTER #2
AUTHOR: Dave Brubeck
QUOTE FROM THE BOARD:
“I'm beginning to understand myself. But it would have been great to be able to understand myself when I was 20 rather than when I was 82.”
MEANING OF THE QUOTE:
“It takes a lifetime just to start understanding yourself.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE: WEDNESDAY WEEK 11 SEMESTER #2
AUTHOR: John Cage
QUOTE FROM THE BOARD:
“If something is boring after two minutes, try it for four. If still boring, then eight. Then sixteen, then thirty-two. Eventually one discovers that it is not boring at all.”
MEANING OF THE QUOTE:
“Repetition helps to create interest. The more you are acquainted with a subject the more you are apt to enjoy it.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE: THURSDAY WEEK 11 SEMESTER #2
AUTHOR: Oscar Levant
QUOTE FROM THE BOARD:
“It's not what you are, but what you don't become that hurts.”
MEANING OF THE QUOTE:
“Not working up to and using your abilities to their fullest potential will stop you from feeling content with your progress.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
DATE: FRIDAY WEEK 11 SEMESTER #2
AUTHOR: Giuseppe Verdi
QUOTE FROM THE BOARD:
"I adore art...when I am alone with my notes, my heart pounds and the tears stream from my eyes, and my emotion and my joys are too much to bare. ”
MEANING OF THE QUOTE:
“The emotion and joy felt from the act of creating art is totally fulfilling.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------