COMPOSER: BACH BRANDENBURG CONCERTO #5
OBJECTIVE: MUSICAL ALPHABET and HOW INSTRUMENTS USE IT
1. QUOTE AUTHOR: Robert Schumann
2. SOLFEGE: MI-RE-DO
.....a. Each student sings the pattern and hand signs to...
teacher: "Did you finish your quote/" Student reply, "Yes I did."
3. LESSON CONTINUED FROM YESTERDAY
BEGINNING VIOLIN PERIOD 5:
OBJECTIVE: Bowing on Open Strings
2. SILENT BOW ROCKING for arm levels at the MB (middle bow)
3. SILENT BOW SPRINGING to prepare for bowing articulation of separate bows
4. "BLAST OFF" open string note reading piece ....a. Reviewed note names and sang them with the recorded music
....b. Played song on violin while singing notes out loud (bowing at UH)
....c. Learned a new bow technique called "tremolo" and played it on the last note of the song.
A tremolo is a bowing technique (played in this case at the bow tip) made up of many small and unmeasured up and
down bows, accented or unaccented, at various dynamics; often used to make the sound of the music feel more full, or to
create excitement or tension
In musical notation, tremolo is indicated by strokes through the stems of the notes:
5. Reviewed "Little Bitty" with the recording and passed out music for it that students will have to put in the appropriate color for, per each string.
.....a. Students may fill in the colors at home or we will do it in class next week.
ADVANCED VIOLIN PERIOD 4: OBJECTIVE:
Preparation for Harvest Day performance on October 28th/Hoedown music
2. MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND NIGHT: REMEMBER TO GET THOSE PERMISSION SLIPS IN!
3. ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL
.....a. Worked to get speed
.....b. Worked toward continuity
4. DE COLORES
.....a. We all worked on the harmony part
QUIZ ON THE DIFFICULT 4-NOTE PASSAGE OF ORANGE BLOSSOM SPECIAL POSTPONED UNTIL I RE-ANNOUNCE IT