GENERAL MUSIC PERIODS 2,3,6
OBJECTIVE: Musical Theatre
1. NO QUOTE instead: MUSICAL REPORT
.....a. Wrote down and discussed song titles that we have heard in the musical so far
2. "MY FAIR LADY"
.....a. Continued to watch the musical
BEGINNING VIOLIN PERIOD 5
OBJECTIVE: Note reading the song "TWINKLE"/Connecting the violin to the keyboard
1. Passed out "Twinkle" worksheets
2. Students reviewed instructions on how to use the concept of step-wise note movement (forward or backwards movement of
a line note to the very next space or vice versa) of the lines and spaces (and the spans of lines and spaces inbetween notes)
of the musical staff to determine the names of notes and fingering on the violin
.....a. Students placed the violin fingerings below the notes of the song
...........1)When the direction of the notes move up, generally fingers are added on the string
...........2)When the direction of the notes move down, generally fingers are taken off the string
.....b. Students placed the musical alphabet note names below the songs notes
...........1)When the direction of the notes move up, the musical alphabet notes move forward
...........2)When the direction of the notes move down, the musical alphabet notes move backwards
3. Students determined by using colors, which notes were played on the different open strings (ex: Red is used for the "D"
string/Yellow is used for the "A" string)
4. With knowledge that we learned this week about the location of the open string notes on the keyboard, we discussed how
the violin music can be played on the keyboard.
5. Students were sent to the keyboards to read the notes and play them on the keyboards (I started to check each student for
understanding) This is to be continued on Monday.
ADVANCED VIOLIN PERIOD 4:
OBJECTIVE: Violin Fingering
2. "A Year Without Rain"
.....a. Everyone played the harmony part
.....b. A few phrases of the melody part were sight read
.....c. Students added in the fingerings
.....d. Entire group broke up into harmony and melody parts and sight read the parts together
3. BOULEVARD OF BROKEN DREAMS
....a. Entire group played song with both harmony and melody parts