COMPOSER: CHOPIN Waltz in C# Minor Opus 64-2
1. Manilla folders passed out and students write names and period number on the cover. This is to hold all classwork/then work on "Silly Test"of class behavior rules: first 5 minutes
2. Seating Charts: Review seating charts to check if everyone knows where to sit
3. Solfege Roll: Teacher with hand signals: Sol-Mi-Sol-Sol-Mi ("Mar-y are you here?")/Student answers with hand signals:
Sol-Mi-Sol-Mi ("Yes I am").
4. Finish Discussion of "Silly Rules" and turn-in.
5. Discuss important points on the class rule sheets (that are to be taken home to be signed).
Important: bathroom/water usage rules, grading policy, and behavior expectations.
6. "Silly Rules" worksheet to be turned in: 1 point
7. Class Rule sheets to be taken home and signed: 1 point
8. This week's participation grade (1 point for each day) total: 3 points
GENERAL MUSIC PERIOD 6:
1. Interested students (9 students) invited to the band teacher's class (Mr. Roa) for demonstration and discussion of different
band instruments to see if they might be interesting in joining beginning band.
2. Remainder of students:
....a. Set-Up Seating Charts
....b. Solfege introduction (see Sept. 2nd lesson periods 2,3)
....c. Solfege roll (see Sept. 2nd lesson periods 2,3)
....d. Directions for movement solfege in preparation for movement exercise "Jorge the Gila Monster" (see procedures Sept.
2nd lesson periods 2,3)
To complete next lesson
....e. Participation points for the week (1 point for each day): 3 points
BEGINNING VIOLIN PERIOD 5:
OBJECTIVE: Keyboard exploratory/assignment of violins
1. Review seating chart
2. Directions/procedures for using keyboards: students to explore different sounds
3. Sizing of instruments (to be done while students are at keyboards)
Individual students are called up to have violins sized and assigned then go back to keyboards. (To finish at next lesson)
ADVANCED VIOLIN PERIOD 4:
OBJECTIVE: Open String Bow-Tone Warm-Ups/Scales and Open String Note Reading Review
2. Open string bowing:
.....a. sep. bows UH 4x each string
.....b. bows LH 4x each string
.....c. sep. bows "My Sis-ter Marc-y" bow speed exercise UH 2x each string
3. Open string pattern scales/ 1 octave/ KEY G, D, A sep. bows UH
4. Review note reading: song: Rudolph (beginning part)
5. Start Rudolph advanced part