LAUREN and DESTINY PERIOD 2
Our Percussion Instrument:
1. First you get 4 plastic spoons.
2.Then you get 2 eggs.
3. Then you put 7 seeds in the eggs.
4. Lastly you get 2 colorful patterned duct tape.
You have 2 awesome maracas!!!
BY ALEXIA and ARRIANA PERIOD 2
1ST uncooked rice,beans,or little pebbles
2ND a tube (cardboard,pvc pipe,plastic tubes)
3RD aluminum foil
4TH clear duct tape and scissor and nails
Decorate your tube
Take your tin foil and tape it to one side
Hammer your nails in the tube
Pour your rice through the side that is open
Tape another piece of foil to the other open side
Shake rattle and roll!
The rainstick originated from Peru. It sounds like the rainfall on windy and rainy days. The rainstick is a shaker because when you shake it up and down it sounds like rain. How does the rainstick get its sound you ask? Well its the nails in the tube that makes it. When the rice hits the nails it makes a rainfall sound.
HOW TO MAKE MARACAS
By Tanner and Ryan Period 3
2 Empty water bottles
5 Tablespoons of rice
3 Tablespoons of bean
Black duct tape
Any type of decorations you want
HOW TO PUT THE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER
1) Get the empty water bottles
2) Put beans in one of the water bottles
3) Put rice in the the other bottle
4) Put the black duct tape all over both water bottles
5) Then decorate
(By Keven Period 3)
Rubber Band Shoebox Guitar
By Ethan Period 2
Empty shoe box guitar
5-6 jumbo rubber bands
Pen or pencil
1. Start by tracing out a circle about three to four inches wide on the lid of
2. Cut out the circle so there is now a hole in the lid of the shoebox
3. Put the lid on the box and wrap the rubber bands lengthwise around the
box and over the hole
4. Put the pen or pencil under the rubber bands on one side
5. Now enjoy your HOMEMADE SHOEBOX GUITAR
EXTRA FOR YOUR SHOEBOX GUITAR
If you want a better shoebox guitar you can add a empty toilet paper roll to make it easier to hold
1. in order to add your toilet paper roll cut a hole on one side of of your shoebox
2. then stick the empty toilet paper roll into the hole and use tape to hold it in place by putting the tape on the toilet paper roll connecting the tape on the shoebox and toilet paper roll, holding the empty toilet paper roll in place
3. Now you have an even cooler shoebox guitar
Courtney and Carissa’s Drum
Things We Need
1. String for connecting drum sheets
2. White fabric (2 circular shapes, any color)
3. Wood pine (oval shaped)
4. Spray paint
5. Hole puncher
6. Homemade drum sticks(pencils + tape, one direction)
How To Make A Drum
1. Get the household items you need
2. Punch holes around the fabric
3. Tie the string around the holes to connect the the fabric to the drum
4. Make the drumsticks by putting the tape around the tip
5. Get the stencils and use the spray paint to make the design
7. Use the drum and have fun!!!
HAVE FUN WITH YOUR DRUM!!!
My Balloon Drum!
By Skylar Period 2
- 1 large balloon color of your choice
- a smaller can like a coffee can
- a rubber band
- decorations such as duct tape to cover the can (optional)
- (you will probably want 2 people)
- If you would like to duct tape the coffee can do it now
- Cut off the neck of the balloon
- Put the balloon over the can and put the rubber band over (you can put duct tape over if you would like)
- Now you can enjoy banging on the drum!!!!
Michael Period 2
Michael Period 2
empty shoe box
ruler or stick
1) remove the cover from the box
2) stretch the rubber bands around the box
3) attach the ruler or stick to the back of the box on one end to act as the arm of the guitar
4) to play strum or pluck the strings
JACOB, MARK, KEVIN,TIM, MATT PERIOD 2