COMPOSER: Chopin mazurka A minor opus 68-2
played by the famous Russian pianist/composer Sergei Rachmaninoff )
OBJECTIVE: Intro to Percussion1. Quote: Students may write their own response or use one of the others discussed in
class/first 5 minutes
.....a. Each quote worth 1 point. This week points earned will be for extra credit as we are new at doing them. Next week the points will count toward the grade.
.....b. Quotes will be posted on this BLOG so if any are missed they can be made-up
.....c. Author of the quote today: Paul Hindemith; a famous modern composer who also was known for playing a string instrument called a viola.
.....d. Discussion of term "Classical" and how it relates to the arts.
2. Solfege Roll: Teacher asks with hand signals: Sol-Mi-Sol-Sol-Mi ("Mar-y are you here?")/Student answers with hand signals: Sol-Mi-Sol-Mi ("Yes I am").
3. Percussion Instruments Demonstration: slapstick, tambourine, cabasa, jingle bells, hand drum, guiro, triangle, finger cymbals, spoons, castinets, bell tree, claves, woodblock, sandblocks, cowbell, ratchet, maracas, and vibra tone (wah-wah)
4. If time, try out instruments while following conductor's silent cues (signals)..To continue next week.
5. Do not forget to turn in signed rule sheets: worth 1 point
BEGINNING VIOLIN PERIOD 5:
2. 21 GUNS
ADVANCED VIOLIN PERIOD 4:
OBJECTIVE: Preparation for performance on
1. PERCUSSION INSTRUMENT HISTORY
3. 21 GUNS
LAST SEMESTER'S VIOLIN CLASSES: NEED TO GET PERMISSION SLIPS BACK FOR FIELD TRIP TO THE DISNEY HALL CONCERT IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 24th!