GENERAL MUSIC PERIODS 2, 3:
COMPOSER: CHOPIN/Waltz in C# Minor Opus 64-2
OBJECTIVE: Rules and Procedures
1. Silly Test"of class behavior rules: first 5 minutes2. Solfege Roll: Teacher with hand signals: Sol-Mi-Sol-Sol-Mi ("Mar-y are you here?")/Student answers with hand signals: Sol-Mi-Sol-Mi ("Yes I am").
3. Finish Discussion of "Silly Rules" and turn-in Friday.
4. Discuss important points on the class rule sheets (that are to be taken home to be signed).
Important: bathroom/water usage rules, grading policy, and behavior expectations.
5. "Silly Rules" worksheet to be turned in: 1 point
6. Class Rule sheets to be taken home and signed: 1 point
BEGINNING VIOLIN PERIOD 5:
2. SONG: YEAR WITHOUT RAIN
....a. Worked extensively on two measures from "Year Without Rain" without accompaniment
....b. Started to put sections together with the accompaniment
ADVANCED VIOLIN PERIOD 4:
2. SONG: NUMB
.....a. Worked on harmony part only
3. SONG: YEAR WITHOUT RAIN
.....a. Worked trying to get the harmony part more solid while the melody part was playing
LAST SEMESTER'S VIOLIN CLASSES: NEED TO GET PERMISSION SLIPS BACK FOR FIELD TRIP TO THE DISNEY HALL CONCERT IN DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES SCHEDULED FOR FEBRUARY 24th!